- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- We take extra precautions for our younger learners including restricting child accounts to automatically block features that would allow a child to post or disclose personal information
Each Member is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for another Member’s privacy practices. Also, EduOnDemandAsia is not responsible for any Member’s privacy practices.
- Information that The Company collects from you (including Personal Information)
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies on The Company Site
- How your information is used
- How your information is shared
- How to manage your Personal Information
- Storage & Security
- Contact information
INFORMATION THAT THE COMPANY COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
EduOnDemandAsia directly collects information when you:
- sign up for a EduOnDemandAsia user account and create a EduOnDemandAsia user profile;
- log into EduOnDemandAsia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server;
- enroll and participate in online courses;
- purchase a product or service;
- send email messages to EduOnDemandAsia (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys, and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on EduOnDemandAsia.
EduOnDemandAsia also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to EduOnDemandAsia Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
EduOnDemandAsia also indirectly collects data or login details from you when you log into EduOnDemandAsia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
EduOnDemandAsia does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on EduOnDemandAsia Site, you will be directed to EduOnDemandAsia’s third-party payment processor and EduOnDemandAsia’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via EduOnDemandAsia Site.
EduOnDemandAsia requires your Personal Information only in limited circumstances when you:
- sign up for a EduOnDemandAsia user account (name, username, email address);
- log into EduOnDemandAsia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that EduOnDemandAsia’s third-party vendor can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that EduOnDemandAsia’s third-party vendor can process payment);
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that EduOnDemandAsia’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it).
- To the extent that EduOnDemandAsia associates the information that EduOnDemandAsia collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
- You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on EduOnDemandAsia Site, for example:
- in your EduOnDemandAsia account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other EduOnDemandAsia Site users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on EduOnDemandAsia Site (noting that in some cases, this information is shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for The Company Site or a course).
EduOnDemandAsia encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on EduOnDemandAsia Site. (If you later choose to delete your EduOnDemandAsia account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the EduOnDemandAsia’s approved process)
Members do not receive your Personal Information unless and until you enrol in a course. If you enrol in a course, the Member that offers the course will receive Personal Information from your EduOnDemandAsia account profile plus the information that EduOnDemandAsia collects about your activity and performance in the course in which you enrolled.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
EduOnDemandAsia and Members use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve EduOnDemandAsia Site – This includes creating and improving features that support EduOnDemandAsia community and enable EduOnDemandAsia Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing EduOnDemandAsia Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of courses and programs on EduOnDemandAsia. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate EduOnDemandAsia’ Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on EduOnDemandAsia Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on EduOnDemandAsia Site.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of EduOnDemandAsia Site – This includes tracking EduOnDemandAsia Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of EduOnDemandAsia Site.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and EduOnDemandAsia Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of EduOnDemandAsia or EduOnDemandAsia affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including. This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track EduOnDemandAsia Site usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EduOnDemandAsia, Members, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
- EduOnDemandAsia or a Member may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
EduOnDemandAsia and Members share information, including Personal Information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With other learners in courses that you take and with other visitors to EduOnDemandAsia Site, to create an interactive learning environment, support class participation, and share course information – This includes sharing comments, coursework, or other information or content that you submit to a portion of EduOnDemandAsia Site designed for viewing by other class members or for public communication. This also includes providing opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals, for instance, recommending specific study partners or connecting potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, EduOnDemandAsia and each Member that offers a course in which you enrolled may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but will only provide others your username (for clarity, no disclosure of your real name or email address).
- With employers, government programs, institutions, or other enterprises that sponsor your enrollment in a course for training or other educational purposes – If an entity pays for or otherwise sponsors your Verified Certificate or course participation, EduOnDemandAsia will share information with the entity as needed to confirm your enrollment, participation, progress, and completion status in that course.
- EduOnDemandAsia or a Member may also seek your consent for additional disclosures of information, including Personal Information, and will share it only as described to you. In addition, EduOnDemandAsia or a Member may share with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners, information and Personal Information that is de-identified or aggregated in a manner that does not personally identify you.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your Personal Information through learner features on EduOnDemandAsia Site and requests to EduOnDemandAsia support team. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, EduOnDemandAsia support will notify and coordinate with the appropriate Member to address your request. EduOnDemandAsia will provide support to the extent required by applicable law (for example, learners in the European Union) and more broadly when possible, as a courtesy in our sole discretion. EduOnDemandAsia will notify you in the event that EduOnDemandAsia is unable to meet a request that is not legally required. Similarly, Members will only be obligated to comply with requests to the extent legally required but may choose to comply with other requests in their sole discretion.
Access and correct your Personal Information
Much of your Personal Information is available in your EduOnDemandAsia account. Your name, email address, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your EduOnDemandAsia account except as noted below. Your account dashboard lists all current and archived courses in which you have enrolled and includes links to any Verified Certificates you may have earned. The dashboard also contains copies of your answers and other participation and performance in courses. Please contact EduOnDemandAsia support to access and update this or other information. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, EduOnDemandAsia learner support will notify the appropriate Member of your request.
Exceptions: EduOnDemandAsia does not track or index every time or every place on EduOnDemandAsia Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither EduOnDemandAsia nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. EduOnDemandAsia encourages you to use discretion before volunteering Personal Information on EduOnDemandAsia Site.
Restrict or object to the processing of Personal Information
If you want to manage emails and other communications to you, you may update your preferences in your EduOnDemandAsia by contacting EduOnDemandAsia support. You may object to, or request that EduOnDemandAsia or a Member stop, its use of your Personal Information for other purposes by contacting EduOnDemandAsia support team. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, EduOnDemandAsia support will notify the appropriate Member of your request. Please note that if you choose to restrict EduOnDemandAsia’s or a Member’s ability to process Personal Information, and the processing is otherwise required to provide you with various services and products offered on EduOnDemandAsia Site, you may not be able to establish a EduOnDemandAsia user account or enroll for a course, and EduOnDemandAsia or a Member may not be able to provide you with those services or products.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your EduOnDemandAsia account and Personal Information, you should contact our Support Team. Because deletion on the EduOnDemandAsia system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, EduOnDemandAsia may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the EduOnDemandAsia account affected by your request. We may not delete your account if local laws require such data to be kept for a number of years.
Upon deletion, with respect to your EduOnDemandAsia account, EduOnDemandAsia will permanently:
- deactivate your EduOnDemandAsia account,
- remove the active profile,
- retire your username, and
- remove you from EduOnDemandAsia email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, EduOnDemandAsia will permanently delete your EduOnDemandAsia account profile Personal Information from EduOnDemandAsia Site.
As noted above, to the extent that EduOnDemandAsia associates the information that EduOnDemandAsia collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your EduOnDemandAsia account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your EduOnDemandAsia account profile, the remaining information about your activity on EduOnDemandAsia Site will no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
These changes will be applied to data stores that are used for operation of EduOnDemandAsia Site including course administration by Members. If you enrolled in any courses on EduOnDemandAsia Site, EduOnDemandAsia support team will share your request with the Members that offered those courses.
Exceptions: Deletion will not apply to historical activity logs or archives unless and until these logs and data naturally “age-off” EduOnDemandAsia system.
EduOnDemandAsia does not track or index every time or every place on EduOnDemandAsia Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither EduOnDemandAsia nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. EduOnDemandAsia encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing your Personal Information on EduOnDemandAsia Site.
EduOnDemandAsia will archive course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives are used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and Personal Information may not be deleted from research data packages retained by Members.
EduOnDemandAsia and each applicable Member cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, records relating to previous purchases on EduOnDemandAsia Site must be retained for financial reporting, audit, and compliance reasons.
EduOnDemandAsia and each Member will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
EduOnDemandAsia will retain collected data or login details from you when you log into EduOnDemandAsia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
EduOnDemandAsia will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with EduOnDemandAsia’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you enroll in a Member’s course, such Member will also retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that EduOnDemandAsia deactivate your account and delete your information, EduOnDemandAsia will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives will be used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and each such Member may also keep and use course data for scientific research.
STORAGE & SECURITY
EduOnDemandAsia stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and also on servers of companies that EduOnDemandAsia hires to provide services. Each Member also stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and/or on servers of companies that the Member hires to provide services. In each case, information may be stored in different countries where EduOnDemandAsia or a Member operates, and in countries where EduOnDemandAsia and each Member’s respective service providers operate. If you are in the European Union, Switzerland, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you acknowledge that EduOnDemandAsia and each Member may transfer, process and store your personal information in the United States and other countries, the privacy laws of which may be considered less strict than those of your region.
EduOnDemandAsia controls its own copy of information collected through EduOnDemandAsia Site and has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. EduOnDemandAsia uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, EduOnDemandAsia cannot guarantee its absolute security. While EduOnDemandAsia works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, EduOnDemandAsia cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If EduOnDemandAsia learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, EduOnDemandAsia may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using EduOnDemandAsia Site or providing Personal Information to EduOnDemandAsia, you agree that EduOnDemandAsia can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of EduOnDemandAsia Site. If a security systems breach occurs, EduOnDemandAsia may post a notice on The Company homepage (www.dhmwbl.com) or elsewhere on EduOnDemandAsia Site and may send an email to you at the email address associated with your EduOnDemandAsia’s account. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
If a Member learns of a security breach involving that Member’s copy of your Personal Information, the Member may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By enrolling in a Member’s course on EduOnDemandAsia Site or providing Personal Information to the Member, you agree that the Member can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your course enrollment and participation. If a security systems breach occurs, the affected Member may post a notice on EduOnDemandAsia site and/or send an email to you at the email address associated with your enrollment in the Member’s course on EduOnDemandAsia Site. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
Personal Data Protection
MALAYSIAN PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT OF 2010 (PDPA)
EduOnDemandAsia is committed to comply with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010. To ensure that the school can offer an exceptional education to its students, it will, on occasion, share personal data for the purposes of best practice and business practice. EduOnDemandAsia subscribes to the provisions of the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) of 2010.
Other legal or disclaimer messages
4.1 Information on this Web site is provided for information purposes only. Any information obtained from this Web site should be reviewed with an appropriate authority to determine its applicability to your particular needs. Great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of the information provided on this Web site.
4.2 The content providers (lecturer / instructor) are at full stake of their free mind and wills in providing the contents to learners (students) completely free of charge. The platform reserves the rights to distribute the content freely or monetize the content.
4.3 The platform reserves the full rights till the highest extend of the legal allowed in the countries involved, to change the relevant contents to different category of subject, delete any inappropriate content and ban the user that “advertise their business”, pornography, gambling or any illegal, religion, cultural, politics sensitives content.
4.4 EduOnDemandAsia has the absolute rights to indirectly collects data or login details from you when you log into EduOnDemandAsia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
4.5 EduOnDemandAsia reserves the rights to review, scan, analyse, see or hear the communication, conversations for all the users using EduOnDemandAsia platform for the purpose of fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics and customer support purposes.
EduOnDemandAsia scan and analyse messages to mask contact information and references to other sites. In some cases, EduOnDemandAsia may also scan, review, or analyse messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. EduOnDemandAsia use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally EduOnDemandAsia may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. EduOnDemandAsia will not review, scan, or analyse your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and EduOnDemandAsia will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.