- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- We take extra precautions for our younger learners including restricting child accounts to automatically block features that would allow a child to post or disclose personal information
Each Member is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for another Member’s privacy practices. Also, EduOnDemand.asia is not responsible for any Member’s privacy practices.
- Information that The Company collects from you (including Personal Information)
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies on The Company Site
- How your information is used
- How your information is shared
- How to manage your Personal Information
- Storage & Security
- Contact information
INFORMATION THAT THE COMPANY COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
EduOnDemand.asia directly collects information when you:
1. sign up for a EduOnDemand.asia user account and create a EduOnDemand.asia user profile;
- log into EduOnDemand.asia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server;
- enroll and participate in online courses;
- purchase a product or service;
- send email messages to EduOnDemand.asia (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys, and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on EduOnDemand.asia.
EduOnDemand.asia also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to EduOnDemand.asia Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
EduOnDemand.asia also indirectly collects data or login details from you when you log into EduOnDemand.asia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
EduOnDemand.asia does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on EduOnDemand.asia Site, you will be directed to EduOnDemand.asia’s third-party payment processor and EduOnDemand.asia’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via EduOnDemand.asia Site.
EduOnDemand.asia requires your Personal Information only in limited circumstances when you:
- sign up for a EduOnDemand.asia user account (name, username, email address);
- log into EduOnDemand.asia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that EduOnDemand.asia’s third-party vendor can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that EduOnDemand.asia’s third-party vendor can process payment);
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that EduOnDemand.asia’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it).
- To the extent that EduOnDemand.asia associates the information that EduOnDemand.asia collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
- You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on EduOnDemand.asia Site, for example:
- in your EduOnDemand.asia account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other EduOnDemand.asia Site users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on EduOnDemand.asia Site (noting that in some cases, this information is shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for The Company Site or a course).
EduOnDemand.asia encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on EduOnDemand.asia Site. (If you later choose to delete your EduOnDemand.asia account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the EduOnDemand.asia’s approved process)
Members do not receive your Personal Information unless and until you enrol in a course. If you enrol in a course, the Member that offers the course will receive Personal Information from your EduOnDemand.asia account profile plus the information that EduOnDemand.asia collects about your activity and performance in the course in which you enrolled.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
EduOnDemand.asia and Members use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve EduOnDemand.asia Site – This includes creating and improving features that support EduOnDemand.asia community and enable EduOnDemand.asia Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing EduOnDemand.asia Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of courses and programs on EduOnDemand.asia. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate EduOnDemand.asia’ Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on EduOnDemand.asia Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on EduOnDemand.asia Site.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of EduOnDemand.asia Site – This includes tracking EduOnDemand.asia Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of EduOnDemand.asia Site.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and EduOnDemand.asia Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of EduOnDemand.asia or EduOnDemand.asia affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including. This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track EduOnDemand.asia Site usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EduOnDemand.asia, Members, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
- EduOnDemand.asia or a Member may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
EduOnDemand.asia and Members share information, including Personal Information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With other learners in courses that you take and with other visitors to EduOnDemand.asia Site, to create an interactive learning environment, support class participation, and share course information – This includes sharing comments, coursework, or other information or content that you submit to a portion of EduOnDemand.asia Site designed for viewing by other class members or for public communication. This also includes providing opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals, for instance, recommending specific study partners or connecting potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, EduOnDemand.asia and each Member that offers a course in which you enrolled may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but will only provide others your username (for clarity, no disclosure of your real name or email address).
- With employers, government programs, institutions, or other enterprises that sponsor your enrollment in a course for training or other educational purposes – If an entity pays for or otherwise sponsors your Verified Certificate or course participation, EduOnDemand.asia will share information with the entity as needed to confirm your enrollment, participation, progress, and completion status in that course.
- EduOnDemand.asia or a Member may also seek your consent for additional disclosures of information, including Personal Information, and will share it only as described to you. In addition, EduOnDemand.asia or a Member may share with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners, information and Personal Information that is de-identified or aggregated in a manner that does not personally identify you.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can manage your Personal Information through learner features on EduOnDemand.asia Site and requests to EduOnDemand.asia support team. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, EduOnDemand.asia support will notify and coordinate with the appropriate Member to address your request. EduOnDemand.asia will provide support to the extent required by applicable law (for example, learners in the European Union) and more broadly when possible, as a courtesy in our sole discretion. EduOnDemand.asia will notify you in the event that EduOnDemand.asia is unable to meet a request that is not legally required. Similarly, Members will only be obligated to comply with requests to the extent legally required but may choose to comply with other requests in their sole discretion.
Access and correct your Personal Information
Much of your Personal Information is available in your EduOnDemand.asia account. Your name, email address, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your EduOnDemand.asia account except as noted below. Your account dashboard lists all current and archived courses in which you have enrolled and includes links to any Verified Certificates you may have earned. The dashboard also contains copies of your answers and other participation and performance in courses. Please contact EduOnDemand.asia support to access and update this or other information. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, EduOnDemand.asia learner support will notify the appropriate Member of your request.
Exceptions: EduOnDemand.asia does not track or index every time or every place on EduOnDemand.asia Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither EduOnDemand.asia nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. EduOnDemand.asia encourages you to use discretion before volunteering Personal Information on EduOnDemand.asia Site.
Restrict or object to the processing of Personal Information
If you want to manage emails and other communications to you, you may update your preferences in your EduOnDemand.asia by contacting EduOnDemand.asia support. You may object to, or request that EduOnDemand.asia or a Member stop, its use of your Personal Information for other purposes by contacting EduOnDemand.asia support team. If your request involves information controlled by a Member, EduOnDemand.asia support will notify the appropriate Member of your request. Please note that if you choose to restrict EduOnDemand.asia’s or a Member’s ability to process Personal Information, and the processing is otherwise required to provide you with various services and products offered on EduOnDemand.asia Site, you may not be able to establish a EduOnDemand.asia user account or enroll for a course, and EduOnDemand.asia or a Member may not be able to provide you with those services or products.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your EduOnDemand.asia account and Personal Information, you should contact our Support Team. Because deletion on the EduOnDemand.asia system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, EduOnDemand.asia may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the EduOnDemand.asia account affected by your request. We may not delete your account if local laws require such data to be kept for a number of years.
Upon deletion, with respect to your EduOnDemand.asia account, EduOnDemand.asia will permanently:
- deactivate your EduOnDemand.asia account,
- remove the active profile,
- retire your username, and
- remove you from EduOnDemand.asia email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, EduOnDemand.asia will permanently delete your EduOnDemand.asia account profile Personal Information from EduOnDemand.asia Site.
As noted above, to the extent that EduOnDemand.asia associates the information that EduOnDemand.asia collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your EduOnDemand.asia account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your EduOnDemand.asia account profile, the remaining information about your activity on EduOnDemand.asia Site will no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
These changes will be applied to data stores that are used for operation of EduOnDemand.asia Site including course administration by Members. If you enrolled in any courses on EduOnDemand.asia Site, EduOnDemand.asia support team will share your request with the Members that offered those courses.
Exceptions: Deletion will not apply to historical activity logs or archives unless and until these logs and data naturally “age-off” EduOnDemand.asia system.
EduOnDemand.asia does not track or index every time or every place on EduOnDemand.asia Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither EduOnDemand.asia nor Members will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. EduOnDemand.asia encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing your Personal Information on EduOnDemand.asia Site.
EduOnDemand.asia will archive course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives are used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and Personal Information may not be deleted from research data packages retained by Members.
EduOnDemand.asia and each applicable Member cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, records relating to previous purchases on EduOnDemand.asia Site must be retained for financial reporting, audit, and compliance reasons.
EduOnDemand.asia and each Member will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
EduOnDemand.asia will retain collected data or login details from you when you log into EduOnDemand.asia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
EduOnDemand.asia will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with EduOnDemand.asia’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you enroll in a Member’s course, such Member will also retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that EduOnDemand.asia deactivate your account and delete your information, EduOnDemand.asia will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives will be used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and each such Member may also keep and use course data for scientific research.
STORAGE & SECURITY
EduOnDemand.asia stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and also on servers of companies that EduOnDemand.asia hires to provide services. Each Member also stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and/or on servers of companies that the Member hires to provide services. In each case, information may be stored in different countries where EduOnDemand.asia or a Member operates, and in countries where EduOnDemand.asia and each Member’s respective service providers operate. If you are in the European Union, Switzerland, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you acknowledge that EduOnDemand.asia and each Member may transfer, process and store your personal information in the United States and other countries, the privacy laws of which may be considered less strict than those of your region.
EduOnDemand.asia controls its own copy of information collected through EduOnDemand.asia Site and has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. EduOnDemand.asia uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, EduOnDemand.asia cannot guarantee its absolute security. While EduOnDemand.asia works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, EduOnDemand.asia cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If EduOnDemand.asia learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, EduOnDemand.asia may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using EduOnDemand.asia Site or providing Personal Information to EduOnDemand.asia, you agree that EduOnDemand.asia can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of EduOnDemand.asia Site. If a security systems breach occurs, EduOnDemand.asia may post a notice on The Company homepage (www.dhmwbl.com) or elsewhere on EduOnDemand.asia Site and may send an email to you at the email address associated with your EduOnDemand.asia’s account. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
If a Member learns of a security breach involving that Member’s copy of your Personal Information, the Member may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By enrolling in a Member’s course on EduOnDemand.asia Site or providing Personal Information to the Member, you agree that the Member can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your course enrollment and participation. If a security systems breach occurs, the affected Member may post a notice on EduOnDemand.asia site and/or send an email to you at the email address associated with your enrollment in the Member’s course on EduOnDemand.asia Site. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
Personal Data Protection
MALAYSIAN PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT OF 2010 (PDPA)
EduOnDemand.asia is committed to comply with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010. To ensure that the school can offer an exceptional education to its students, it will, on occasion, share personal data for the purposes of best practice and business practice. EduOnDemand.asia subscribes to the provisions of the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) of 2010.
Other legal or disclaimer messages
4.1 Information on this Web site is provided for information purposes only. Any information obtained from this Web site should be reviewed with an appropriate authority to determine its applicability to your particular needs. Great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of the information provided on this Web site.
4.2 The content providers (lecturer / instructor) are at full stake of their free mind and wills in providing the contents to learners (students) completely free of charge. The platform reserves the rights to distribute the content freely or monetize the content.
4.3 The platform reserves the full rights till the highest extend of the legal allowed in the countries involved, to change the relevant contents to different category of subject, delete any inappropriate content and ban the user that “advertise their business”, pornography, gambling or any illegal, religion, cultural, politics sensitives content.
4.4 EduOnDemand.asia has the absolute rights to indirectly collects data or login details from you when you log into EduOnDemand.asia using third parties app which your login data or details will not be stored in their platform for account authentication purpose but all the data is processed and store in Our Server.
4.5 EduOnDemand.asia reserves the rights to review, scan, analyse, see or hear the communication, conversations for all the users using EduOnDemand.asia platform for the purpose of fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics and customer support purposes.
EduOnDemand.asia scan and analyse messages to mask contact information and references to other sites. In some cases, EduOnDemand.asia may also scan, review, or analyse messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. EduOnDemand.asia use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally EduOnDemand.asia may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. EduOnDemand.asia will not review, scan, or analyse your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and EduOnDemand.asia will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.